The Career and Technical Education Program offers courses on-campus and on-line through distance education in order to meet the needs of provisional license and lateral entry technology education and trade and industry teachers and individuals pursuing graduate degrees.
There are many alternate routes that enable individuals to receive their licensure. For more information about provisional and alternate licensure routes, contact Jerianne Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org). To enroll in a distance education course, contact Appstate ONLINE at (email@example.com) in the Office of Extension and Distance Education.
Distance/On-line Courses Offered
- CTE 4660- Instructional Strategies in Career and Technology Education
- RE 4620 - Reading in the Middle/High School Setting
- CTE 4629 - Organization and Management in Career and Technical Education
Links to ASU's schedule of classes and Distance Education Program
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Reich College of Education Student Teaching Application
NEW CTE tracks and various options to clear or obtain licensure in a Career and Technical Education area are listed in the files below.