Congratulations and welcome to the Appalachian State family! Below you will find topics, links, and documents useful to all of our certificate program students.
If you are a newly enrolled student in our online Career and Technical Education Certificate, please see more specific instructions on how to get started here.
Check ASU Email
- Provided via gsuite.appstate.edu
- Faculty and staff are required to communicate to enrolled students via your appstate.edu addresses.
- Please check your App State email often or set up a forwarding client to your preferred account
Program of Study
For information on the course requirements for the Career & Technical Education Certificate, please see our Program of Study
- Textbook search here, through bookstore.appstate.edu
- Some instructors may share textbook info by
- Emailing you directly
- Posting in AsULearn
- Questions? Email your instructor.
- Your instructor will email you course specifics.
- Course portals may not appear until the first class date.
- The university course management system can be found at: https://asulearn.appstate.edu
- If you haven't gotten an email about course access by the week prior to the first class, email Dr. Taylor.
Financial Aid is available to you if you are enrolled for 5 or more hours of coursework in the G-cert program. To request aid, complete the processes found at the financial aid site link below. Next, sign the course verification below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Taylor will sign it and attach a signed plan of study and send it over to financial aid for you. There are also free loan opportunities for folks getting a license in these high need areas in NC. Check out cfnc.org/fels for more information.
After this initial process, please direct ALL questions about financial aid to the Financial Aid Office.
- Visit studentaccounts.appstate.edu
- Click here for current tuition and fees
- Please direct ALL questions about billing, payment plans, payment options and refunds to Student Accounts.
More information on the required Praxis II exam can be found here.
To complete the certificate program, please follow the instructions outlined here by the Graduate School.
Upon completion of the certificate program, to become licensed in North Carolina follow the instructions listed here.
Course-specific questions: Your instructor.
Program of Study questions: Your Academic Coordinator: Dr. Jerianne Taylor at email@example.com
Student Services questions: App State Online at firstname.lastname@example.org.