Appalachian State University is proud to offer the ONLY Bachelor of Science Career and Technical Education Program in the state of North Carolina. The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Program at Appalachian State University is comprised of 75 plus majors and 3 full-time faculty. Students can choose from five areas of concentration:
- Business, Finance and Information Technology Education
- Business and Marketing Entrepreneurship Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Technology, Engineering and Design Education
- Trade and Industrial Education
Each concentration provides students with the opportunity to focus on middle and high school teaching while developing a greater depth of knowledge in a specific area of Career and Technical Education (CTE). Through experiential learning and relevant projects, students are challenged to develop a comprehensive knowledge base. Partnerships with programs across campus give CTE students the opportunity to work with discipline-specific experts while still learning the art of teaching.